Sunday, June 7, 2009

Grilled Veggie Sandwiches

I found this recipe on one of the blogs I frequent. We had it the other night and they were super yummy and easy to put together. I used french bread and needed twice as must of the mayo mixture. Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
olive oil
salt and pepper
1 cup sliced red bell peppers
1 small zucchini, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
1 small yellow squash, sliced
2 (4-x6-inch) focaccia bread pieces, split horizontally
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese



DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, minced garlic, and lemon juice. Set aside in the refrigerator. Throw cut veggies on a large cookie sheet or in a roasted pan. Generously drizzle with olive oil and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pop in oven for 15-20 minutes or until veggies are tender. Then turn on the broiler and broil for 3-5 minutes.
Spread mayo mixture on bread and sprinkle with feta. Put on cookie sheet and place under broiler for 2-3 minutes. Load bread up with veggies and enjoy!

I forgot to add... next time I think I'll add portabello mushroom and maybe some eggplant too!

1 comment:

jess and scott said...

Delish! I added the eggplant. It was great! Even Ella loved it!